Scholarship and Grants: UTM Young Scholars Grant
UTM Young Scholars Grant
This grant support doctoral and research masters candidates to present their research findings in well-established and high impact international/national conferences by funding the conference fees.
Application Requirements / Instructions
- Open to students (both local & international) registered in PhD and Master by Research programs in UTM. However, for international students only those enrolled in doctoral programme are eligible.
- Priority is given to an applicant in semester 1-6 for PhD and semester 1-3 for Master by Research candidate.
- Application should be filed in advance at least two (2) months prior the date of the conference. These documents are required for the application:
a) Details of the conference with your name as presenter (e.g: proceeding, concurrent schedule);b) Offer/Invitation letter from organizer;
c) Abstract of paper presentation;
d) Quotation of the registration fees;
- Only approved applications, will qualify to claim for the grant.
- Applicant must be invited as an oral presenter and present at the conference. Applicant must be the first student author of the paper, which must cover original, ongoing research and directly related to the applicant thesis topic.
- Applicant must not receive any full scholarship (tuition fees and monthly allowance) during the application submission.
- Applicant can only be awarded with this financial assistance ONCE throughout the study.
- Please take note that an applicant’s funding will be cancelled upon submission of thesis for viva voce.
- Only attendance to conference organized by registered association/university/research institute/academic organization/government agency (preferably indexed conference) will be considered for financial support. Supervisors are responsible to check and ensure that the conference is not organized by commercial organizer.
- The rates for this funding are as below:
a) PhD – maximum amount of RM700
b) Master by Research – maximum amount of RM500
How To Apply
The application form is available at :-
Sekolah Pengajian Siswazah
Universiti Teknologi Malaysia
81310 UTM Johor Bahru
Johor Darul Takzim
(U/P : Postgraduate Sponsorship Unit)
Tel : 07-553 7816/7769/7997
Fax : 07-553 7800
Email : email@example.com